Monday, December 1, 2008

Nicknames...

What do you think about nicknames? Now that we have a little one, I have seen the evolution of a nickname. I wish I had kept great records of all of Hazel's nicknames in the past 15 months...but I will share as many as I can remember...

Stink
Stinky
Hazel-nut
Hazel-bug
Pookie
Pookie-poo
Pooksie
Zelly
Zelly-beth
...and then there is...

ZELL
My grandfather calls Hazel, Zell. I think it is so sweet. He actually has asked permission to call her this about 100 times. Everytime he sees her. No, not just each visit, but literally - everytime he sees her - he asks me if I mind. Of course I don't.
Grandpa loves his Zell and what she means for our family...what she represents. Beyond the gift of joy she had brought to our family, beyond the silly laughs and smiles, Zell respresents a brand new generation!!
I know that makes my Grandpa's heart swell with pride. When we spent Thanksgiving with Grandpa and Grandma this past week, I know that Zell's heart swelled with the love she has for her great-grandparents!

Zell and her Great-Grandpa share some LOVE!

2 comments:

Craig and Bethany said...

Your writing totally captures it. I love reading your blog!

-Bethany :)

Heather Estridge said...

That is moving! You do capture things so well when you write. Love the picture of Zell and her great-grandpa. Zell is an adorable nickname!