Muscular calves run in my family. My blue eyes came from my parents. Hazel has her daddy's eyes and long lashes.
Along with those calves and blue eyes, it appears that heart disease also runs in my family. My grandfather had open heart surgery in 1982, and now my father is going in for open heart surgery tomorrow. Dad is admitted into the cardio wing of the hospital, and he is gearing up for surgery in the morning. Some genetic gifts we could do without, this is one of them.
Genetics...yes I love my blue eyes, yes I love the humor I see in Hazel that most certainly comes from her Nana...however, the heart disease...Nah, not something I would say I love.
Far beyond the heart disease, my grandfather also passed on his Faith to my father, his first-born-son. This Faith carries on in my dad, and it is this Faith that will get him through...and the rest of us who love him so.
3 comments:
Becky - You're father and your family are in my thoughts. I'll have you on my mind tomorrow.
To my sister across the miles although I am sitting on the other side of the world you and your family is all I can think about. Health and happiness in the days to come....thinking of you my dear friend xxxx
We love your dad, he will be in our thoughts all day. We will see you soon...happy and healthy! Hug your parents for me.
Post a Comment