Thursday, December 18, 2008

Dad's Graduated...

We are on to the 6th floor of St. Vincent now - the Cardiac Recovery Wing. Yippee! We got to the hospital just after 9:00 this morning and Dad had just been moved up to his new room and out of the ICU. That marked a great step in his recovery. He has very limited wires and tubes now, and his coloring is looking so much better.

Hazel was all smiles and waves for Bapa, and was quick to pucker up and give him the long awaited kiss. We spent a significant amount of time in Dad's room today, and in the afternoon Hazel, Bapa and I all took great naps! Hazel and I lounged out in the recliner and dad in his bed. A Kodak moment missed, but one I will always remember!

Mom ended up taking an overnight bag with her today and she will be keeping dad company. Dad seemed quite happy to hear this!! Dad's pain is there, he definitely isn't comfortable - but he is managing and following doctors orders very well. We are so proud of him and thankful for his ongoing recovery!

No comments: