Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Oh BOY!

We had our ultrasound today and got the fabulous news that not only is the baby looking perfectly healthy but our baby is a little BOY! It is so wonderful to KNOW, now we can start thinking about raising a SON and sharing with Hazel all about being a big sister to a little BROTHER. She has been saying "baby brother" today (with my prompting) and it is just about the most darling thing I have ever heard. She gets a big smile on her face as she says it. I am trying to get a video to share, so stay tuned.
Yes, we are thrilled to know the baby's gender, but more than anything we are over the moon that HE is developing perfectly. Such an amazing thing to see! A miracle really. We had a great day, as I am sure you can imagine. I attempted to work this afternoon, though my productivity was definitely sub-par.
The poll was such a neck-and-neck battle...but in the end proved slightly wrong. I will admit now that I did vote twice - and it was BOY both times. :) Would I have admitted this if I were wrong, likely not!!
Here are a few peeks at baby BOY today. Thanks for sharing in our excitement.


This was the first view we saw of our SON today. Good thing we wanted to find out gender, no hiding his BOY parts with this angle! Will HE be embarrassed by this photo in a few years?
HE was a mover and a shaker, so we didn't get great photos...though clearly HE is handsome...all seven ounces of HIM! (Note HIS umbilical cord attached to HIS tummy.)

Oh my, more pictures?

Poor quality, but this is a video of the VHS video playing on our home computer...use your imagination if you must!

7 comments:

Craig and Bethany said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! A sweet little boy, your life will never be the same. Another jewel to add to your family. And healthy too, what joy.

The Lochheads said...

YAY!!!! We're so excited for you!!! A BOY! What fun! Congratulations, Garners! LE

Nana said...

We are so HAPPY...
Words can't express...
Love to you All
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!
Yippie Skippee
What a wonderful life this wee lad will have in your family :)
Love Nana & BaPa

Eden said...

I knew it.. I was right, I was right!! I'm thrilled that HE is doing awesome. I miss you guys.. I'm about to start planning so you better holler if you have a busy weekend in the next month!

Michelle said...

Well I was wrong, but that doesnt make me any less happy for you. I am so glad that he is healthy. Best wishes on a smooth pregnancy. See you soon!

Femeke said...

Congratulations again! I am so happy for you, especially since everything is fine! And you will enjoy a boy! Andrin is also excited that there will be another boy around!

Nelson and Karina Bell said...

Congratulations! You are having a boy! How wonderful that you will have one of each. :)