Sunday, October 16, 2011

Eventful week gone by...

This past week, our household endured the FLU.  Hazel, Henley and Beau fell ill.  Henley seemed to get the flu the worst, poor little guy.  He was still sick six days after onset.  We were starting to wonder if he was going to ever stop saying, "My tummy hurt BAD." 

It was notable that a sick four year old, Hazel, was much easier on mommy.  Her aim is much better, and being potty trained while in the throes of the FLU sure does help.  

Thankfully, they are all on the mend!  I am just hoping that Holden, Richie and I continue to avoid the flu.  

 A quick photo with my three.  Henley still wasn't 100%.  He sure was pitiful in the midst of his sickness.

 Hazel shows that our bowls traveled everywhere with us.  She used the small one (better aim).

 After missing a week of pre-school, Hazel returned last Wednesday.  It was a monumental day for Hazel and me!  As we drove to the school, I asked Hazel if she felt ready to go into the school on her own and without the assistance of mommy.  (Please, please please!)  She surprised me by saying, "YES!"  What does that mean for me?  Well, I didn't have to unbuckle her two brothers from the car, walk into the school and then pry Hazel from my leg - while detaching Henley from the toys in the school.  Her simple "YES!" was far from simple.  We then pulled up to her school, I helped her from her seat and she marched up the walk.  I watched her go in the main door, around the corner...and then she ran to her pre-school room and waved to me from the front window!  All smiles - Hazel and MOMMY.  I am so happy Hazel is adjusting to her new school and adjusting to becoming more independent.  What a big girl!

Holden celebrated month ONE last Tuesday.  He continues to change and grow - before my eyes!  I swear he gave me a few REAL smiles this past week.  I have yet to capture on film, but I will!  Always such a fun time when your sweet baby begins to respond to you with smiles.

He has many more hours of wake-time, his eyes take in everything.  He loves being held and looks so much like his siblings in expression and features.  His coloring continues to be fair and his eyes do look as though they may remain blue.  We shall see.

 Henley's mess of curls (which I LOVED) were officially chopped last weekend. It was Henley's first trip to the salon, and he did very well.  It has taken nearly the whole week for my boy's new grown-up look to "grow" on me.  He is quite proud of his big boy cut! 

Our little DUCKS helped to cheer the Ducks to victory last night.  Well, they were sleeping through most of the game that started at 7:30 pm - but we wore our Duck attire during the day to get pumped up!  You should see Henley's excitement whenever he sees a picture of the DUCK when we are out and about.  If the Oregon Duck appears on the TV (in a commercial or otherwise) - he runs to the TV and smothers the screen.  What a fan!!

2 comments:

Femeke said...

I am so glad that you guys are feeling better! And Holden is so beautiful! Can't wait to meet him ... some day ... :) I had to laugh when I read about Henley and the Ducks. I remember Andrin pointing out every duck that we would see on our outings in Eugene. The other day, he was wearing his Duck hat and he told me with a sincere voice: "Mom, I miss Donald Ducky ... and Sluggo!"

Femeke said...

And another thing ... it just makes my heart beat a little bit faster and jump when I see Henley wearing Andrin's old clothes! I always think about you guys when Bigna is wearing Hazel's clothes!!