Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Growing (up) Pains!

So, Hazel started her new pre-school just a few days after the early arrival of Holden.  Hazel went from being the "top-dog" at her daycare (a LOVING place where she has literally grown up) to the "new-kid-on-the-block" at her new school.  It broke my heart to see and hear her anxiety due to the change.  It broke my heart to have to say goodbye to our friends (family really) at our old daycare. 

BROKE MY HEART! 

So, when I title this post Growing Pains - it really isn't just Hazel who has struggled.  I actually think I have more than anyone!  I will miss seeing the familiar faces of the kids' friends at daycare and the loving teachers who have helped me in raising my children. 

Hazel has begun to look forward to her new school, and has made some friends.  She has proven yet again to be a resilient little girl.  We took a field trip to a local orchard with her school last Friday.  It was fun to see her interacting with the new friends, and new teachers.  

We left the farm and headed to her old stomping grounds, to pick up Henley, one last time.  Sigh.  Seeing their cubbies bare and their names taken off the birthday wall, it was all I could do to not break out in tears.  Believe me, I have shed many over the past few months, knowing this change is coming...but managed to keep it together on Friday.  Growing PAINS! 

 Hazel at the orchard on Friday.  Such a perfect day for the outing with NEW friends.


 All the kids were allowed to pick a pumpkin.  I was ever so grateful my little pumpkin picked a nice small pumpkin!

 The pre-schoolers lined up in the tall grass for a class shot.  (Couldn't get all in my shot - there are 13 all together.)


 When we picked up brother from daycare, I had to capture the group one last time.  Oh how we are going to miss seeing these faces on a regular basis.  We will be VISITORS though!!

Henley has thrived at the daycare, much like his sister.  He sure does love to antagonize all the little girls!

1 comment:

Femeke said...

I know how you feel! I am getting anxious about our new daycare as well. I try not to show it so that the kids will not pick it up... Even though I sometimes get tired and frustrated with them at home, I'd rather be the one taking care of them ... Or then someone I know and trust like the wonderful Jasper team!