Aussie Michelle is back safely in her native land, and Hazel and Henley are missing their new friend with the great accent! Henley grew quite accustomed to Michelle and her "no worries" attitude, he loved cuddling with her and she had quite a way to soothe him when he had tummy troubles. Hazel keeps looking for her supplier of yummy smelling lotions and cell phones. I miss having her company and my excuse for getting a Starbucks!! Thanks for the visit Michelle, we all hope to see you again, possibly Down Under? :)
Here are some photos from the past week and our visit with our Aussie Michelle...

We took a lovely walk on the Eugene/Springfield river path - thanks for that
Femeke.
Femeke walked us through campus and on to the University of Oregon Bookstore. Michelle found some Oregon treasures to take back to Australia.

We took Michelle by Hayward Field - her oldest son Grant has reminded me of
Pre at times when he sports a
mustache!

Care to take a run?

Michelle in one of her MANY cuddles with Henley. I double checked the Baby Bjorn when she left Saturday, making sure she didn't stow him away in her bag as she has threatened.

If you know us, you know that we HAD to take Michelle to experience COSTCO!

The pretty view from a home in our neighborhood. A kind woman took us back behind her house to take this photo of her with the lake in the background.

Our car broke down a few days, leaving us stranded in our tiny town. We made the most of the time and spent one afternoon swimming Bella in the lake and taking photos of course! I love this one of Michelle with the kiddos.

What a beautiful fall day!

Hazel loved playing at the park in the sunshine.


A view of Oregon in the fall without RAIN! See, it doesn't always rain in Oregon!

Hazel loved her ride to the lake in the wagon, Henley
preferred a
snugglier ride.

I made Michelle drink this beer - she always calls me Beck. I found out later it wasn't a novelty as they have this kind of beer in Australia too.

We headed to my folks on Friday so that Michelle could meet them, and vice
verse. Here is Hazel telling her Papa she wants just ONE more chip.

Joy after that ONE chip.

Hazel helped Nana with the salad, she loved stirring and her perch on her little yellow chair.

Henley snug as a bug. He is getting so big...
sooo fast.

Just before heading to the airport Saturday, we took some quick photos on my parent's deck. Here is my Hazel who loves to give a CHEESE for the camera.

What a visit we had, we miss you Michelle!

Michelle, the kids and my parents. My dad and mom enjoyed meeting this friend of mine that up until now they had only heard about.

Michelle snapped this one of me and the
fam. Beau couldn't make the trip up, so I will have to paste him in later. :)
***
We took Michelle to the airport Saturday afternoon. Hazel gave her a big hug and kiss and Michelle walked off to the security check. We stood and were watching her go, Mom, Henley, Hazel and I...and then Hazel took off running towards Michelle saying "more hugs." The security guards looked at the running two-year-old fearfully...how were they to stop her? Luckily, I raced after her and got to her swinging arm just in time. She was distraught, but I brought her back and we waved one last time to Aussie Michelle as she headed off and out of view. Hazel did recover, but she asks me often, "Shell go?" I tell her that Michelle went back to her family and the kangaroos on the airplane. She settles for that answer and we move on...until I get another, "Shell go?" Michelle you are missed, and we are very grateful for your visit!! Thanks to your husband for making it happen.
2 comments:
Oregon, where you walk in friends and walk out family.I couldn't resist :), thanks to your Mum I will never forget that saying. Thank you for an amazing time. I miss your beautiful Hazel and Henley so much. Big hug and kisses to everyone xxx
Thanks for sharing Michelle with us! It made me feel comfortable to know that I am not the only one with an accent ...
Post a Comment