Thursday, January 21, 2010

Breaking in the BOB!

Today was the nicest day we have had in a long time. We even saw the sun for a spell. At work, Beau and I planned for a late afternoon run along our local river paths. We used to run these paths all the time when we lived in town. We trained for a few marathons on these paths, and Beau even ran one on the same paths. We LOVE the river path system in Eugene/Springfield!

It was a JOY to load up the car with the two kids, the BOB stroller (thanks again Jasper staff), and our Bella. We may not set any speed records, but we kept a decent pace and finished sufficiently tired and hungry. I already am thinking about when we can do that again!

My two kiddos ready for today's adventure!

Henley all snuggled in to the BOB for the first time! He did fabulous during the ride, staring up at the passing trees and clouds. Once I heard a bit of a grunt from the little guy, but other than that he was content to take in the fresh air. It sure did smell wonderful out there. So fresh and clean. I LOVE Oregon.

At the turn around spot, halfway done! Hazel thought it was time to get out. Thankfully, she settled back into her seat and enjoyed the second half of the adventure.

Fuzzy, but proof that I was there. Sorry Beau...didn't get a photo of you, and you really were the one to push the kiddos the whole way! I had Bella tugging me along. She LOVED being back on the Eugene river paths. We need to do this more often!

Hazel is such a little Duck at heart. She spots the Oregon "O's" all over town...on cars, signs, and of course at Autzen Stadium! We parked just across the street from the hallowed home to Duck Football and she was quite delighted! Oh, and whenever she sees the "O" for Oregon, she says, "I saw number O mommy!" Letters, numbers...ahh, we will work on that one someday.

Hazel insisted on walking the last bit to the car. Someday I hope she will be a running partner!

What is this little guy thinking now? Wish we could know!

Hazel ready to head back home, another adventure complete!
Bella was happy to come along for the adventure, she just wished she had a smidge more room in the back of the car!


Thanks to Beau's favorite Christmas gift (above), we know we ran exactly 4.70 miles. However, I don't know how much I like this new gadget of his. He definitely upped his pace at the end of our run, pushing himself (and me in the process) to run just a little bit faster. Ugh!



A quick video before we headed back for the car. Hazel really did enjoy herself, no matter how she seems in the video. Promise!

1 comment:

Femeke said...

So funny! As I was walking with Andrin outside yesterday, I thought about you guys and if you have been using the BOB as much as you would have liked ... I am glad that you had such a great run! Maybe I should put my idea about starting to run into action as well :) Picture that ... double stroller, dog, single stroller, ... and Clemens ?:)