Friday, January 8, 2010

Back to work...

I ventured back to work this week after a far too short three months at home with Henley. It was not easy, but it was easier (in most ways) that my job is flexible and I am able to have Henley with me this first month. He and I drop big sister off at day care (on-site) and then head back down the hill to the office. We arrive about 7:30 and he usually sleeps until about 9:45 or so. Then he is fed, changed and we play for awhile. That usually consists of various co-workers oohing and ahhing over him (he doesn't mind), he may get a few squeezes, a tour of the lobby, and he watches me attempt to type one-handed for a stretch. We end up then relocating to a back (private) office that is JUST large enough to put out his activity mat for some play time. He plays for about 45 minutes, babbles (louder and louder every day), lets out a few squeals (when he smacks one of the toys on the mat), and then falls back to sleep. I get off work at 1:30, and by then we are both ready to head for home!

Here are some photos of the past few days...and Henley "enjoying" going to work with mommy. I didn't have a real camera at work, but my cell phone captured the moments adequately.

My post in February (after leaving him in day care for the first time) will likely be quite a bit different. Sigh...

Yesterday on the mat in office location #2

I think the sound of the keyboard lulled him to sleep.


This morning in office location #1, during his early morning snooze. It is amazing how a sleeping baby can make you work hard...not knowing how much longer you will have without interruption makes me quite productive.

At times I get distracted and watch the peaceful baby boy sleep.

He stows away under the desk quite well.



Later today, back playing on his mat.

He was entranced by the baby boy watching him in the mirror.
A short video - also from my cell phone - showing Henley in action during a hard morning of work.

2 comments:

Femeke said...

Welcome back! I am glad that you are back, even though I know how difficult it is. I hope to be back next week as well and you know I always have two available arms to hold him ...

Eden said...

so happy to hear your work is so accomodating... they rock!