Last Sunday, we all got bundled up and set off to a local Christmas Tree farm to get the perfect tree for our home. It was so much fun to see the excitement through Hazel's eyes. Yes it was FREEZING, but she was delighted to stomp in the mud, scope out all the trees, ride on
hay bales behind the tractor, and warm up with a cup of cocoa. Henley was snug as a bug in the front back I wore, barely opening an eye to give his approval for the tree. Once the perfect tree was selected (a beautiful SMALL one that fits in our small home), Beau cut it down before I could get the cap off the camera! What muscles.
Monday night we decorated the tree. Hazel helped, if helping means taking out all the odds and ends from the Christmas tub and scattering them all over the living room. She didn't quite have the patience (or dexterity) to actually get an ornament on the tree, but she sure does appreciate the tree. She loves our Christmas tree, and sits in her little yellow chair and admires the white lights and colorful ornaments.
Henley
appreciates the lights and looks forward to next year when he will be stomping in the mud with his big sister.

Off to the Christmas tree farm...

We waited in the little gift shop (out of the wind and some of the cold) for our tractor to arrive.

We decided to get a Canaan Fir this year, and we are quite happy with it!

Looks like everyone is procrastinating this year...no letters?

Our tractor "
chauffeur" offered to take a (rare) photo of the whole family!!

A cold little nose gearing up for the tractor to get going.

My cuties!

Beau and Hazel spy the Canaan Fir fields.


Oh...the MUD! I thought that since it was 24 degrees the mud would be frozen. No such luck!

On the hunt for our very special tree.

Hazel was very interested in her muddy boots.

I rememberd to have Hazel take her rubber boots, but of course forgot mine. Not a shot of my muddy black clogs. Yikes!

Our darling tree and my darling husband.

"Hey Dad, I can't feel my nose or toes, but I like our pretty tree."

Hazel trying to hold up the tree, "by self."

Henley and I strike a pose for the camera. Brr, it was COLD!

While we waited for the tractor to come back to fetch us, Hazel kept warm by running around.

Future track star?

A windy ride back to the car and...

HOT COCOA!

Henley was a happy man through the whole adventure (as he slept). He woke up just as I placed his carseat in our toasty living room. What a cute little guy all snug as a bug.
* * * * *
Monday night we trimmed the tree.

Here is Hazel's enthusiastic attempt to hang her Oscar ornament.

Hazel was quite excited as the decorations continued to come out of the Christmas tub.

Our Christmas Tree!

Yesterday morning, before Hazel headed for school, she had to get a photo in front of the tree. Don't you just love the hat and coat from her great-grandparents?!! They do a great job of keeping her warm in the 11 degree weather. (It really was 11 degrees when we woke up yesterday. Fourteen degrees this moring. BRRR!)
3 comments:
What a beautiful family :). I can't believe you are freezing when I am here melting! Merry Christmas
Did I spot a Starbucks ornament on your tree?!
Great pictures! Miss y'all!
Post a Comment