Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hooray - we have a POOL!!

A monumental occasion (and I am not exaggerating in the least) occurred this past Sunday!! My darling husband got our pool up! What a feat!!!

We were given this pool by friends, Sarah and Brad, who upgraded to the larger version this summer. They took pity on me with my ever expanding middle section and thought that I should have a place to relax and cool off. They also thought my family would like it as well...

Beau thought of the WORK that clearing the spot would involve and wasn't too keen on the idea. I pestered, I nagged, then pestered and nagged some more...and low and behold...we have a pool!!

Thank you BEAU!

Hazel loves the swimming pool. Matt tried it out today and enjoyed the cool water. Beau even ventured in this evening and I dare to say he was refreshed. Donald...well, he has yet to keep himself available for the privilege. He is having a rough time lately...Therefore, the whole family is having a rather frazzled time.

All the more reason to relax in the refreshing waters of our own POOL!! :)

Thank you BEAU!

Here are a few pictures I snapped yesterday and today...


Our little lady of leisure.

Trying out her floaty with Daddy.

She wouldn't go near the floaty yesterday, clung to me for the hour or so we were in the pool. Today, she gained more confidence and enjoyed her little "boat." Beau and I pushed her back and forth across the pool, her shouting "ready, set, go" with a big smile on her face.

Content in Daddy's arms.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, that is great! I wish we had a pool too. It sure would be nice in the evenings.

Hamilton Family said...

I am SO jealous! I have been dreaming of a back yard pool but our yard is too small :(

Joanne said...

Yay! Finally the pool is up! I bet you will enjoy it everyday.

Femeke said...

Great! It sounds like you guys are ALL enjoying it very much! And I love Hazel's boat!

Nana said...

Wonderful FuN for(almost)everyone,:(
If ever a family deserved a place to relax & stay cool... It is YOU!
Great Job Beau!
But, where is a picture of MOMMY
in a swimsuit?
Love to see one:>)

Nana & Papa

Macey's Mom! said...

Ready? Set? We're coming over to swim! I'll wear a suit if you do Becky! Ha Ha.

Michelle Stafford said...

So much fun Beck. I really wish it was summer here. Enjoy!!

Danny said...

You guys should have had that thing up for post-MOTHER!

Nice work!