On this day, I remember that time so clearly.
Rocking Hazel and reading to her is a special time every day. Today - it was a VERY special time. It was a time for me to reflect on holding her tiny sister three years ago. I squeezed Hazel tight, kissed her sweet head, and told her the story of baby Gwen.
Through the tears, Hazel looked at me and I swear she knew. She looked at me in a way that I could tell she understood today was special. She didn't get restless (as she usually does), but instead just sat on my lap and listened to me tell her about baby Gwen. It was good for me, and I like to think it was good for Hazel.
I thought of all sorts of THINGS I could do today to honor Gwen. But in the end, I decided that caring for her sister Hazel each and every day honors Gwen. We were given another gift in Hazel, just as we were with Gwen. We were given this profound opportunity to raise this little girl to be a sweet and loving person in this world. My prayer is that we always honor Gwen as we parent Hazel and any other children that may come into our lives. Gwen changed Beau and I three years ago. We will always remember that...and we will always give thanks for being touched by her.
Three years ago I held my angel in my arms. Three years later, I continue to hold onto her, in my heart.
Gwendolyn Grace - November 21st, 2005
8 comments:
Thank you for sharing so openly about your feelings today. What a gift to be able to hold your precious Hazel while remembering your precious Gwen. Hazel is so blessed to have you as a mommy!
You make me want to be a better mom! Life is so precious and we are so blessed to have our girls. Thank you for reminding me to cherish every moment with them.
Thank you Becky for sharing a bit of your heart with the rest of us. You are an amazing woman and mother - it's a privilege to call you, my friend.
Gwen's little footprints...
...somehow you move on, but you never forget. Thank you for your touching words. The richness of your life overflows into ours! :) LE
Remembering your precious Gwen today. I am so glad life has turned full circle and you have your gorgeous Hazel in your life.
Thinking of you and Beau now and always
We have a little one in heaven too. I have tears in my eyes reading about your precious angel. Thanks.
I am glad that we remember every child that comes into our lives. They bring love and innocence. I just pray that every parent loved their child as much as you love Gwen and Hazel.
We will always remember Gwen
Becky, thank you so much for sharing. Tears are still in my eyes! You are a great Mommy and Gwen will live on forever in your heart and in all the love that you give to Hazel, other babies to come and all the fortunate babies that you welcome in your heart (like Andrin).
Post a Comment