Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Night AWAY...or two

Beau and I celebrated seven years of marriage this past weekend with a trip to Seaside, Oregon. It was a monumental weekend, not just for the fact that we have outlasted 99% of Hollywood couples, but that we left Hazel in the care of my parents, her Nana and Grandpa! Sure, I had the family on speed dial, and used it OFTEN, but overall, it was a huge success.

Seaside was littered with families for the Memorial Day weekend, and I had to resist the urge to shout "I have one of those" whenever I saw a family carting around a little one...Beau helped me contain myself, though I saw him looking longer than normal at little ones in pink as he thought of our Hazel. It was refreshing at times, especially when Beau and I challenged each other to a spin in the Seaside bumber cars...something we wouldn't have BOTH been able to do had Hazel been with us. I haven't laughed like that in ages. Fun! Oh, and Beau declares he was the winner as he lapped me three times! Not my fault that I kept getting hit so hard I got turned around and went the wrong way - three times. :)

Nana and Grandpa had a wonderful time with Hazel (oh, and Bella our dog as well). Hazel slept like a champ, sleeping all the way through the night BOTH nights. Hazel went to a garden party with her grandparents too, likely a key opportunity for Nana to show off Hazel to all her friends! Beau and I are thrilled that the weekend went well, and though we won't be leaving Hazel again soon, it is encouraging to know that it is an option.

Once back with Hazel, I squeezed her a little extra hard, smelled in her yummy baby smell, and enjoyed hearing her babble on and on and on...

Seaside, Oregon - at the Promenade

Happy after ALL these years! :)

Hazel is starting to master the art of a Sippy Cup!

Hazel is a big girl standing behind the baby rocker

Hazel wiggled herself and managed some "rocking"

Hazel loved rocking her baby

Such a big girl!

2 comments:

Hamilton Family said...

Good for you two!!! A night away sounds like a great way to celebrate 7 years. I can't believe it's been that long! It looks like the two of you had a great time and it looks like Hazel had a good weekend with Nana also.

Heather Estridge said...

Has it really been that long since that wonderful wedding of yours? Happy Anniversary and many more! Looks like Hazel's grandparents wouldn't mind you all celebrating more often ;)