Saturday, March 8, 2008

Half Birthday!

Hazel is SIX months old today. What a big girl! She is sitting so well on her own, eating sweet potatoes like they are going out of style, and laughing and squealing at all of her mommy and daddy's "funny" antics! What a precious daughter we have been blessed with. She makes each day an adventure like we have never known. Each day we see her blossom and change. Each day our love for her grows. Thank you Hazel for the past six months...just the beginning of what lies ahead...

We took Hazel to get photos done at the JCPenny photo studio today. Hmm. Didn't go as I wanted, and yet again I was forced to remember the important lessons of flexibility and patience. Hazel was smiling and laughing as we waited our turn to pose for the camera. Kiddos came in left and right with their mommies and daddies....we kept sitting. Then it was our turn, and our little girl, who had been so content, became miss fussy pants! I guess this is part of being a parent to a little one.

We did get a FEW good shots. As the tension faded in my shoulders, and I scooped up my tired and hungry baby girl, I thought about the bright side. Maybe a FEW is better than many. My wallet wasn't quite as light as it could have been...and my indecisive mind appreciated not having even more of a challenge.

We should get the photos in a few weeks and I will scan them in to share.

Happy * Half * Hazel

(Maybe the professional photo session will go better at one year??)

No comments: