Sunday, November 24, 2013

Treasure Walk @ Lookout Reservoir

Last weekend we were itching for a family adventure.
 
Daddy had a great idea...
Treasure HUNT in Lookout Reservoir.
(This time of year the water is drained,
so we get to explore the treasures left behind.)
Holden was not too excited to have to get bundled,
but quickly forgot about the burdensome coat,
and took daddy's hand to EXPLORE!
Beau found the best treasure of the day,
an old arrow only his eagle eyes would have spotted.
I love the admiration in Hazel's gaze!
These two OTTERS were found, also by Beau,
frolicking in a small pool of water. 
What a rare treat to watch them play.
(They seemed as intrigued by us as we were by them.)
She never passes up a chance to
STRIKE A POSE!
Trio of treasure seekers.
The bed of the reservoir was quite beautiful.
This area above was spongy under foot.
The river runs throughout the year.
I wanted to take gobs of these pretty smooth stones home.
(The seams in my old coats' pockets may never be the same!)
Holden was thrilled when it was his turn to hold the arrow.
(No sharp point I promise.)
A great treasure seeker AND a wonderful big sister.
This little lady makes me so very happy. 
Henley proudly presents his loot.
A few weathered sticks and a chunk of metal.
***
Not pictured are the horseshoes we found at the end of our walk.
Beau found one,
and moments later I found one about 100 yards behind.
We have yet to buy our lotto ticket,
but when we do,
I am sure it will be a winner!
***
Last week, Hazel took the two horseshoes for her day of sharing.
They were a hit in 1st grade as the kids took turns inspecting the dirty old hunks of metal.
I hear she beamed with pride.
 


No comments: