Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Huntington Beach Trip

Last weekend,
I got away on my OWN,
no lap-child as the plane took off!
It was a strange experience to actually READ
on the plane.
No snacks for anyone but ME in my purse.
Of course, I thought of the zoo at home OFTEN.
 
My destination,
the House of Hall,
Huntington Beach, California.
 
And there began a weekend forever more named:
HGTV Hall Edition.

Joanne had warned me she had a project for me to tackle.
Little did she or I know,
we would quickly begin doing over much of the house!
Just my cup-o-tea!

 
 I kick myself that we didn't snap a BEFORE.
This above is AFTER.
My favorite thing, the $20 wood rocker we scored at Goodwill.
Painted it red, distressed and placed...perfection!
 

 Joanne's hubby, Kris, was our hanger extraordinaire.
(He also was kind to celebrate his birthday amidst the chaos.)
 

 
A perfect spot to hang a purse,
and pooch Max's leash.
 

Joanne had most of this done,
a few finishing touches and it was complete.
(For now.)

 
Showing off the fruits of our labor.
 
 
Chloe, 11 years, joined us for the "LEXI."
(Lexi was not feeling well and lounging on the couch.)
 

 
The monogram was the jumping off project.
I LOVE how it turned out.
(May need to make a BGB.)
 
 
Oh, and the before-mentioned Birthday Boy!
 

 
He was a great sport!
 

 
We tore ourselves away from Hobby Lobby,
and spray paint fumes,
and ventured out on a BEAUTIFUL hike.
What a view!
 
I may have been stringing a garland during soccer,
but I have perfected my multi-tasking.
Lexi was a beast on the field!
 



 
One last picture,
Chloe poses in front of the portrait I did eleven years ago.
My how time flies.
***
What a fun getaway for me.
Time with dear friends AND crafting!
Thank you Hall family.

No comments: