Saturday, September 1, 2012

Hood 2 Coast 2012

I have wanted to run the Hood 2 Coast for a number of years.
Getting in is complicated.
This year I was so happy for a chance to run,
run...run...jog...walk...limp...
Ahhh...what a memorable weekend!
 
 I was in Van 2 - second to last runner for our team.
Go team, "Where's My Nipple Guards?"


 Michelle was our lead-off runner in van 2.
She did AWESOME!

 Here comes Michelle. 
A beautiful run in Sandy, Oregon.
 Just before dark, a beautiful view of Mt. Hood.
Crazy to think it all had begun on that mountain,
just 6 hours earlier.
 This is what 2 hours of sleep looks like.
I have never visited SO MANY porta-potties before.
We tailed to cleaning crew it seemed.
 Friends for 23 years and counting!
 Van 2 Crew.
Kevin, Mike, Amber, Aaron, Michelle, Becky
(This was taken before our third legs.)
FINALLY!!!!
***
I learned a lot this weekend.
NEXT TIME...
 (I hope there will be),
I will train longer distances,
eat more tummy pleasing foods,
drink more fluids,
and hopefully...
not have 7.2 miles to run
for leg THREE.
UGH!!!
***
Go Team Nipple Guards!

1 comment:

Femeke said...

Congratulations, Becky! I knew you could do it!