Monday, May 9, 2011

My (unconventional) Mother's Day...

Like last year, I had hoped to spend the day at the beach this Mother's Day. However, the weather report called for lots of rain and no sun. I decided that a day of wet, cold, itchy sand may not be as enjoyable as....

A day at IKEA!

Yep, hauled the whole family 2 hours north to the Portland IKEA for my Mother's Day adventure. The mission, indoor fun and organizational scouting. After three hours spent trying out kitchens, bedrooms, bathrooms and much much more...we left with a big bag of assorted Swedish items.

My favorite purchase? It is a tie between a COZY new comforter and my FAVORITE kitchen scrubber ($.99). I bought 5 scrubbers, I love them so much! (Had to make the LONG drive with a car of kids worth it!)



Peek-a-boo, or maybe peek-a-poo. (Henley hid in that closet just long enough to fill his pants!)



Future purchase #1. Beau was quite impressed with this design for the kids' future digs. (They will swap rooms with Richie in the next year.)



Post IKEA, we all needed a refreshing treat. Nana and Papa joined us for Jamba Juice! (They also joined at IKEA and made the adventure much more enjoyable as there were extra arms and eyes to keep track of the little people.)



I think hers was called "Strawberry Dream"...it was.



So...the smoothies were such a hit for the kids...this morning we made our own.


Cheers!



Do you think he enjoyed his?






Good to the last DROP!



"More?"

1 comment:

Femeke said...

So funny! That bed is on our grocery list for Andrin as well! I guess he will sleep even better now, knowing that his dear friends that soon will be a big ocean away will have the same bed! He is especially smitten by the fact that he will have a canopy or tent, like he is calling it!