Monday, January 17, 2011

What a little boy you are!

It is incredible to Beau and I how fast Henley has been changing. He is quite mobile (running when he really wants to get around) and a little TOO capable of getting the things he wants! Henley is also beginning to discover that WORDS can be helpful. The other day, as I was watching a football game the team scored and I shouted "touchdown!" Henley immediately threw up his arms, smiled and said his own version of "touchdown." (It was close enough that Beau and I both looked at each other with one of those, I can't believe he said that, looks.)

"TOUCHDOWN"

The eyes that don't miss a thing. The minute mommy or daddy sit down with a snack, Henley scurries on over for a bite. Good luck resisting the charm that is our Henley.

Yes, he speaks some words we know. Then there are the others that we have yet to understand. He babbles away, his voice fluctuating to show his enthusiasm for the story he is telling. Sure can't wait until we can all speak Henley!

Sister Hazel taught Henley to make this "silly face." We love it and all the silliness that lies within our children.


In the past month, Henley has discovered the phone. He says "hi" to whomever may be calling, and then quickly starts eating the phone. Not the most talkative guy on the phone. Much like his father.

Then for the EXCITING news. This little sleepyhead you see above just woke from a fabulous 3.5 hour nap in his crib. Ever since we FINALLY figured out a way to allow Henley to get a solid night's sleep, he now takes much more restful LONG naps.

He may not seem too pleased, but truly he is a HAPPIER boy to now be getting good sleep!! Mommy and Daddy too. What changed? Well, after our holiday travels, Beau and I moved Hazel into our room. She has been camping out on her inflatable toddler bed since. (Two weeks.) That move enabled us to allow Henley to settle into a good bedtime routine, with TEARS (sigh). The "cry it out" ended up not taking long at all. A few days and he barely fussed at bedtime. Hallelujah. I am left thinking, WHAT TOOK US SO LONG? Well, I suppose my answer is, BETTER LATE THAN NEVER! Hazel is scheduled to move back in with Henley tonight. She is excited. Even though she has enjoyed camping out with us, she LOVES her big girl bed. She also is looking forward to looking after her brother again.

Henley has been practicing "BABY" as we all anxiously await to birth of Patrick & Bonnie's BABY! He also LOVES a wipe, a washcloth, or anything else he can take around with him as he cleans the house. Can't wait until he can operate the vacuum and do dishes!

More cleaning...

"Hi" continues to be Henley's word of choice. He has just recently begun saying "bye bye."

No comments: