Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hazel's 1st sleepover (at our house)

Last Sunday, we hosted Hazel's friend Macey for an afternoon, evening and overnight of fun.  Hazel was so excited and eager for Macey to arrive.  It was significant for both girls...Hazel's first time having a friend stay over at our house, and Macey's first time staying over at a friends house.  They both did great.  At times it seemed as though the two were sisters, they argued like that!  But, most of the time they played very well together and enjoyed each other's company.  Night time was a little lengthier than normal...

More water...potty...whispering...more water...potty...whispering....

Eventually, the two girls were sleeping quietly in Hazel's room.  Not a peep was heard all through the night.  (They had played HARD.)  I had to stir them early Monday morning to get us all up and ready to head off for work & school.  Macey certainly wasn't used to rising so early, but she did a great job of going with the flow. 


The girls heading to the park together.


Hazel was delighted to show Macey around our neighborhood playground.




Race to the swingset!!


A big girl in a big girl swing.  Hold on Hazel!!


Another big girl on a big girl swing.  It was hard keeping up with those two.  "Another push please Becky."  I heard that from both girls!  Hazel thought that was funny.


The cute rearview I saw as I pushed her over and over again. 
(Note Bella in the background ready for Beau to throw the tennis ball again.)



Bella took a brief break, brief being the key word.  Near impossible to wear her out...much like our two year old.


This one I took when Beau was taking his turn pushing the girls.  He got more squeals of delight than I did!






At one point,  Macey instructed Hazel to walk like a chicken.  She obliged.  I wish I had a video of this one.




We finished our time at the park with some races by the girls.  They were so funny!


Macey is normally a bit camera shy with me.  Something about racing Hazel made her ham it up like I have never seen before.  They raced up and down and up and down.  Charging me and the camera each time.











The two sleepy-heads at 6:30 Monday morning. 




Hazel shared with Macey how she starts every sleepy morning.  "Vitims" and juice, then she can begin her day.

1 comment:

Michelle Nelson said...

How exciting! A first of many sleepovers to come?