Saturday, March 14, 2009

Donald is back in the house!

Last Wednesday a familiar friend moved back into the house. Donald was our first foster child. He did a great job with our family and when he moved out 10 months later, we missed him very much. Well..."The Donald" is back and so far things are going quite well considering the circumstances that brought him into our home.

The 7 year-old Donald that left our home is now a much larger 9 year-old Donald. His humor is still there and he is certainly entertainment for Hazel.

Hazel was quite skeptical of this new addition at first. If you haven't met Donald before, he has a rather raspy deep voice and he doesn't talk quietly. Hazel was WIDE-eyed taking all of him in that first night and morning. However, as I walked her out to the car Thursday morning, clear as a bell she said very casually, "bye bye Donald." That was her way of telling me, "Okay mom, I am in for the long haul with this one as well."

By yesterday morning, Donald had Hazel in giggles as he played peek-a-boo with her over and over and over again.

Below is a pic of the Donald on Wednesday evening, shortly after he came back into our care.


Below is a picture of Donald 2.5 years ago when he was living with us - he had just lost a tooth!

3 comments:

Craig and Bethany said...

I really love your heart (and Hazel's). Thanks.

And, really cool photo blog on your blog roll! (Shoot More, Want Less).

Michelle said...

Is he there for qutie some time? I hope that his father didn't spur this move. Maybe its Donalds gift to get his healthy life back on track. Are the two boys sharing a room or did Matt move on? Take care. I miss you!

Anonymous said...

I'm so thrilled, I just figured out this thing will let me leave comments!!! It used to make you be a blog member to do so...

WOW... the Donald sure has grown! We'll have to get all the boys together for something ACTIVE!!! :)