Saturday, January 24, 2009

Shopping HIGH

Today began lazy however quickly turned memorable as Matt began to clean out his closet! It was high time. When Matt moved in, we noted that he sure had a lot of pants. Well, today he modeled them ALL, and an hour later we had FILLED a large garbage sack! No more high-waters for Matt! We then took his sack and a few of our own to Goodwill.

Matt did such a great job of weeding through the chaos in his closet that we decided to add some more back in…so we took him to Old Navy. It was his first visit, and I do believe it was memorable.

Well, maybe not for the 12 year old boy, but it was for ME! They were having a SALE!!

A BIG SALE!

I am still coming down from my shopping HIGH. I had to blog about it, capture this moment so in the future I can look back and relive the fantastic afternoon we had at Old Navy.

Not only Matt scored, but Beau, Hazel and even little ol’ me.

All the clearance was an additional 50% off. Yes, you heard me right, an ADDITIONAL 50% off. I am such a sucker for a sale. That was obvious today.

Matt ended up getting four handsome shirts, a pair of pants, and a hip warm jacket.
Beau scored the biggest with four shirts, and FIVE pairs of pants (jeans and slacks both).
Hazel came away with an adorable new dress (see below), a new skirt, and two tops.
Oh, and I got two tops.

Now for the really exciting part and the part of this post where you realize I may have a problem. I came home, cut all the tags off everything and opened up Excel on the computer. I then poured through the tags and compiled two columns, one with the original (pre-clearance) price of the items, and then the other column with the price we paid.

Ready?

$489.50 – Full price of all 21 items
$88.69 – Price we paid today!

Oh, and I need to hurry up and post my fabulous news as the sale continues tomorrow – and tomorrow ONLY. Now, hurry up all of you and go get a shopping HIGH of your own.






9 comments:

Femeke said...

What some shopping can do for you ... other people have to work hard to be as high as you were. (I am sorry that I am not such a good blogger, since we already took advantage of the sale on Monday and I also got some new things for Andrin. I was not aware about the sale and could not believe the prize when they rang it up. I was convinced that they made a mistake, but I did not want to say anything:)

Nana said...

CONGRATS to ALL for shopping success.
I couldn't help but notice a trim of the bangs...CUTE as a button.

Becky said...

I want to make sure to note that yes I did trim Hazel's bangs (three hairs were nearly getting in her eyes), but didn't touch the back!! :)

Oh, and Femeke - shame on you for not sharing about this sale!! I forgive you, just don't let it happen again.

dillinger said...

Where are the pictures of Beau modeling his clothes? Darn it, I got my hopes up for nothing!

You should start a poll to decide what to do with the extra $400 that you saved.

Becky said...

Beau refused to model. I know - poor sport!

He and Matt actually got the exact same pants and shirt, now wouldn't that be a PICTURE!

Michelle Stafford said...

I want old navy in Oz. It's not fair you get all the fun ;)

Hamilton Family said...

How Fun! I love a good sale!!

I was actually thinking of you guys while we were in Costco today. We went in for 2 things and walked out with a cart load. I don't think you can go to that store without leaving with a cart load. Oliver was quite thrilled to stroll the aisles.

Hamilton Family said...

How Fun! I love a good sale!!

I was actually thinking of you guys while we were in Costco today. We went in for 2 things and walked out with a cart load. I don't think you can go to that store without leaving with a cart load. Oliver was quite thrilled to stroll the aisles.

Anonymous said...

We love the videos!!! Kelsey and I are going to go to sleep dreaming of HAZEL!!