Friday, February 1, 2008

Mr. Mom

So...normally Fridays bring about joy in our home....as we think of how great sleeping in tomorrow will be, not to mention a weekend with family and friends. This Friday is different. This Friday marked the end of an era...the Era titled..."Mr. Mom." Two months ago I returned to my part-time job when Hazel was nearly 3 months old. This is when "Mr. Mom" began...we were fortunate that Beau was able to reconfigure his schedule to allow him to work from home and care for Hazel while I was at work.

Today marked the last morning that Beau and Hazel were able to hang out at home, as come Monday...Hazel enters DAY CARE. Hmm. The mom I have become has been having a hard time digesting this new phase and figuring out exactly how I am to feel about this. Yes, I am sad. I think a big part of this sadness comes from the fact that Beau will not have THAT time with Hazel, nor will Hazel have THAT time with Beau. Yes, they will have time together, just not THAT time. I know, let go. I try...but gosh, this little girl of mine is growing sooo fast, it has become something that is so hard for me...letting go to her "phases." I know the next phase will bring about even more joy for our little family, but gosh, that other phase will never be again. Let go Becky...Let go. Think of me come Monday, think of me letting go...just a little. :)

2 comments:

Heather Estridge said...

What a special time Beau was able to have with his girl. Other special times will come as well, but I know it is hard to let go. I'm proud of you all - you're doing a fantastic job as parents! We'll be thinking of you and praying for your peace on Monday. Love ya, Heather

The Lochheads said...

It's Monday and we were just wondering how things went today with DAY CARE. I am sure Hazel dazzled everyone with her smile--it's so good of you to let her bless other's lives. Hope you did okay! :) Le