Monday, September 8, 2014

An all AMERICAN GIRL Birthday!

Yesterday,
 I woke a slumbering Hazel at 6:30 am.
Gently nudged her into clothes...
then the car.
 
We were off. 
She didn't know our destination until Portland.
 We are going where?
EAK!!!
FINALLY,
we arrived in Lynnwood, Washington,
FIVE and a half hours after leaving home.
 PURE delight!
 My little lady and I had a MEMORABLE day.
A VERY special way to celebrate a new year.
 Nana was a great traveling and SHOPPING companion.
 "Rosie" loves her mommy Hazel.
One passerby on I-5 also was celebrating his birthday.
(He yelled it to us through his window!)
***
We got home at 9 pm.
Worn out...weary...and WONDERFULLY happy.
 Hazel this morning,
her actual BIG day!
 She and Rosie set off for 2nd Grade.
Matching shirts of course!
Oh...and matching EAR RINGS!
Oh my.
LOVE you my Hazel-bug.
Seven years suits you very well.
Smart, sweet, silly & stunning,
XOXO
Mommy

1 comment:

Bigna said...

Happy Birthday, big girl! As I am typing this, Bigna is asking me if we can come and visit! She noticed the matching ear rings right away! And she would be so happy to play with the doll! It was fun to see "our" car as well. I am wondering how they reacted to the Swiss sticker on the back :)