Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Olympic Trials in Eugene

Rain, rain, GO AWAY,
Come again some other day!

 Beau and I were given tickets
to the Olympic Trails in Eugene
last Saturday.
We were grateful to watch the amazing athletes,
not so grateful for the SHOWER!

 It POURED on us,
and all of Hayward Field.
The "squeegie guys" battled Mother Nature.
(She won!)

I was excited to see Lolo Jones.
110 Meter Hurdles.

 Hello Lolo.
(Say that three times fast!)

 Amazing!

 She did fantastic and made the team.
I will certainly continue cheering for her...
in LONDON.

 When the rain stopped for a short time,
the "blower guys" came out in force.

 Bryan Clay - Decathlete
(We didn't know it here,
but he had already been DQ'd.)

 A few hours (after we left),
Ashton Eaton set a WORLD RECORD
in the Decathlon.
An OREGON native!!

Headed back to our car,
ABSOLUTELY DRENCHED!
***
I will happily watch the rest of the trails this week,
from my living room!

No comments: