Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Dorena, OREGON!

A few weeks ago, we welcomed Grandma & Grandpa, Aunt Caspian & Uncle Seth to OREGON.  They bought a house in Dorena.  This past Saturday we headed down to play and spend the afternoon and evening.  The Row River borders the property and is BEAUTIFUL and quite refreshing.  It was a perfect day, mid 80's, and we enjoyed the cool water.  All of us!  We haven't had family so close since we moved to Eugene ten years ago.  It will certainly come in handy (already has) to have quality and affordable babysitters!  Not to mention all the house projects I am looking forward to Beau completing now that he has his dad nearby.  I would blog my list, but there may not be enough space.  Ha!

More than anything, it will be nice to know that our kids get to see Bruce, Roberta, Caspian & Seth more than a handful of times a year.  Now we just have to make sure they all become DUCK fans! 

Henley holds on tight while Grandpa gives him a float.
Hi daddy, look at me!
Henley enjoys seeing his Grandpa more often!
The water is so crystal clear and the bed of the river is rock. 
Here comes Hazel!
Weeeee!
And back again she goes.
Richie has always has a fondness for Seth, as do we all.
While we were visiting, Beau and I enjoyed watching Seth work in his glass studio.  I came home with a lovely marble he formed before our eyes.  Very cool.
I love all the Carin's they have made to mark their turf.




The family relaxing.  There is a little sandy beach on their property, perfect for the little ones to dig into and get filthy.  Good thing a river is close by for cleaning.
Richie loved the river fun too.
A happy little ship-wrecked Hazel.
Seth gives Henley an escort ashore.
Organic frozen treats made by Aunt Caspian.

No comments: