Well, Beau and I did. It turns out Bandon was a perfect one-night getaway. The weather cooperated, the locals were friendly, and the beach was beautiful. The rocks, both big and small, were a highlight. I came home with pockets of beautiful little rocks after each walk my guy and I took. We checked in with mom and dad frequently, hearing some news of grandpa, but mostly news of how the kids were doing. Of course, grandpa's health was always on our mind.
We headed home Sunday afternoon. Walked in the door, and one look at my dad and I knew something was wrong. He then gave me a hug, and said we had lost grandpa just 30 minutes before. I hope grandpa knew how special our time in Bandon was. He always loved my choice in a husband...and I know he would have loved to know we celebrated our 10 years at a place dear to his heart. Love you grandpa!
Here are some pictures to capture our weekend away, followed by photos that show some fun had at home with Nana and Papa.
This rock was a perfect spot to relax. (For the time it took Beau to take my picture!) The giant craggy rocks all over the Bandon beach were so intriguing to us. Beau of course had to explore a little more than I.
A bird...a plane...or a....
BEAU! My husband now for ten years. Whew!
The cave seemed a little creepy to me, Beau likely would have camped out awhile.
Initially we thought this was another cave. Once upon a time it likely was, now it is a tunnel. The kids would have loved running through this...just as their daddy did.
Such interesting rocks. Still not sure if this is "Face Rock" or not.
We were so fortunate for the nice weather.
First attempt at a couple shot, the battery ran out after this test shot.
Second attempt at a happy couple shot. A picture of Beau and I together, just wasn't meant to be...This was as close as we got. My camera battery went out (again) just as I got the timer set up. Oh well!
Meanwhile, back at home Nana and Papa were caring for Hazel and Henley. They didn't let a little rain ruin their fun.
This is how Henley swings these days...
Later, Papa settled in with H & H for story time.
I love how Papa has Hazel's toes. Does Henley look sleepy?
Papa's reading lulled Henley to sleep.
Doing laundry while mommy and daddy were away. Now, that is some DIRTY but cute laundry!
No comments:
Post a Comment