A few months ago, I flexed my work schedule and usually have Mondays off with the kids. It is nice to look forward to Mondays for a change!
After a lazy wake-up, and an even lazier breakfast, Hazel reminded me that last night I told her she could have a bath in the morning.
Hmm. I decided that if we were going to bathe in the morning, she and Henley might as well get a little dirtier...

She started painting with great focus. Her subject, a small egg shaped rock.

Henley began on the paper, but quickly discovered he
preferred to paint his chest!

Yes mommy, I am a silly boy!

Oh what fun.

Hazel discovered that the rock could actually be used to paint herself. That was much more fun than using a silly paintbrush.

Henley's first lesson in blending colors. Yellow and blue DO make GREEN.

Oh happy day.

A quick "cheese" for mommy.

No Hazel, we don't drink our paint water.

Henley still hard at work.

Some piggies got in on the action.

Henley's first time painting. He was so focused and enjoyed making his mess...I mean...masterpiece!

A sign of some serious painting.
Hmm.
Yay for non-toxic paints!

More colorful piggies. These are the larger three and a 1/2 year old variety.

All done. These feet were soon carried by mommy straight to the bathtub. The kids were cleaned...and then the bathtub.
Mommy HAD a project of her own to do, but in all the fun of keeping up with her two small artists, she didn't really have a chance. Oh well. This was more fun anyhow!
No comments:
Post a Comment