Hazel had a rough few days this past week. She had a hard time getting along with friends at school. (She is battling a cold and her daddy has been away for work, so between the two she wasn't quite herself.) Typically, when I pick her up from school her daily report says something like,
"Hazel enjoyed playing with her friends today and loved craft time. She had an awesome day."
However, this past Wednesday, the typical two sentence report was instead a rather long paragraph that moved to the back of the page. This is what it said:
"Hazel said she did not want to come to school anymore. When I asked her why, she said, 'I want to just stay home with Mommy because I get put into time-outs at school.' I asked her why she was in time-outs a lot and she said, 'Because I don't keep my hands to myself so I don't want to go to school anymore!' I reminded her she has a lot of fun at school and her friends are here and she said, 'Yeah, I know, I guess I will come to school and just leave my hands home.' Then she smiled and turned over on her mat and went to sleep. (She's not in time outs a lot, and she enjoys being here.)"
Now I know why she had such a long conversation with her hands Thursday morning. She ended up taking them to school with her, but only after a firm talking to!
What a silly girl.
(Daddy just called and his ETA is close!! We are all very ready!)
1 comment:
Hazel~nut has SO SO much to think about. She is such an advanced thinker. I hope to hear that her hands are behaving themselves these cold wintery days. Maybe they need warm mittens.
How are things on the "Chick~a~munk"?
You know Nana & Papa are keeping our eyes open for one too! Love the blog.Thanks for doing it :)
Post a Comment