Sunday, August 8, 2010

Ahh...Potty training....

Who knew potty training could take soooo long? So much for the book, "Potty Training in One Day." Not my Hazel. She is SUPER at keeping her undies dry at HOME. Spectacular! Day care is another story. We tried undies for one week there, and now are back to pull-ups. Too many accidents.

So...I have been trying all sorts of things to get my little girl to view a pull-up as something that she WANTS to keep clean, like she does her undies. However, nothing has really been working. I decided a few weeks ago, to see if I DREW something on her morning pull-up, she would be motivated to keep clean at school. No such luck. In the weeks since, I have drawn Mommy, Nana, and even a school bus (with Hazel riding on it). I even draw Nana's arms up in the air as she is saying, "Keep me clean!"

FINALLY...last Friday, she came home wearing the SAME pull-up she left in that morning. Below is a picture of Hazel with the pull-up. Note, it was the Nana version, and she even had a bubble quote!

Yes I was an art major in college. No, I won't be going into business in stick figure pull-up art! You gotta do what you gotta do.


No comments: