Monday, May 17, 2010

Two words you don't want me to say...

...when I am cutting your hair.
UH OH!
Last Wednesday night, after Richie was in bed and Hazel was in her pajamas I decided it would be the perfect time to give her bangs a trim.
I trimmed them.
Then...decided to shape the front of her hair just a LITTLE.
Hazel moved, my scissors snipped, and off came more than just a LITTLE.
UH OH! Beau turned from the computer desk, Hazel turned to face him, and I knew I was in trouble. Now what? A large CHUNK of hair was missing on the right side of her sweet little head.
It was 8:15 pm and I couldn't take her to a professional to FIX it. So, what is the next best thing, me of course!
Hazel (thankfully) proceeded to sit VERY still. I don't think she wanted to hear another UH OH!
My little girl who was supposed to just have trimmed bangs now has a SHORT bob.
UH OH!
Beau wasn't too pleased, nor was I for that matter. I mourned her piggy tails for a few days.
Hazel...well, she LOVES her short hair. She especially has loved the attention she has received from people when they notice her new do. I know hair grows, but I do look longingly as her piggy tail pictures from Mother's Day, just over a week ago.
Here is Hazel with her new SHORT haircut....


Mommy, what did you do to my hair?

Hazel distracted briefly by the new "blip blops" that her daddy bought her.
(These are the second pair he bought for her in a matter of two days. The first pair were a size 5. She wears an 8. The little things that daddy's just don't quite know.)



Oh my, it really is SHORT. One great thing about hair...it GROWS.

3 comments:

Femeke said...

She still looks cute as a hazel bug! I never made a mistake cutting clemens' hair until the time I cut it just before our wedding ...

The Lochheads said...

You know Heather would say, "It isn't a haircut unless it comes out shorter..." Wasn't that it?

I LOVE the cut. And what a story! It will grow back--and until then you get a piggy-tail break! :)

Love to you! LE

Heather Estridge said...

A haircut by it's nature is shorter :)

I think it's adorable and super easy for summer!

I have definately had my "ut-ohs," just ask Karina.

Well done mama