Another big step for my little girl...she is now sleeping in her very own BIG GIRL BED! She is thrilled. We got the bed put together a few days ago, and just last night tested it out for the night. She did great! I snuggled with her, read a story and then we sang some of her favorite songs. (Those would be, Mr. Moon, ABC's (still), and Jesus Loves Me.) I slipped out of the bed when she was dozing and she slept the rest of the night without a peep.
This morning I went in to take some pictures for the blog of course...and was surprised to see her big brown eyes looking at me. She was still all tucked in, as if she didn't move a muscle all night. She had the biggest smile and I could tell she was rather delighted in her new status... "big girl." She peeled herself out of the bed and then we got our morning under way. Throughout our morning routine, she would zip back to her room and make sure her bed was still there. Oh, and her baby "Andrin" was tucked very nicely into her bed.
When it was time to go this morning, Hazel made one last trip to her room and declared to me she had to "hug bed!" She rushed up to her bed and fell upon the covers, giving them a big squeeze. She came back to me, and quickly declared she also had to "kiss bed!" She ran back over and planted one on her covers. She turned and had a big smile and seemed at that point ready to leave her precious bed for the day. What a silly girl!
4 comments:
What a darling! And Andrin enjoys the real hugs from Hazel as well that she always has to give him when I drop him off and pick him up at daycare! I am glad that she had a good night in her big girl bed. What a big step! Andrin has been sleeping better as well. I did not need to get up during the night for almost a week now ... yeah! He will wake up, but then sooth himself back to sleep in a matter of minutes! Congratulations, Hazel! Now you are ready for your baby brother Henley!
We are very proud of our Hazel in her BIG GIRL BED.
Much love,
Nana & Papa
yeah! How does it fit with the crib and changing table? I hope she continues to love sleeping there. How is potty training going? Best Wishes! Love you.
What POTTY training???
Post a Comment