Thursday, February 12, 2009

Girl's Weekend

Joanne flew in for last weekend and Hazel and I met up with her in Portland. We stayed at the Embassy Suites at Washington Square and had a fabulous time! Just GIRLS! :)

Many times over the weekend, Joanne noted that Beau was present - in the face of Hazel! She is certainly looking a lot like her daddy these days. Especially when she concentrates on something, her face is the spitting image of her daddy's. As she gobbled up candy (EAK!) she resembled me I am afraid.

Here are some photos from the weekend. I was so busy going after Hazel that Joanne stepped in and was the photographer for the weekend. Thanks J! (Or "JJ" as Hazel calls you.)

Auntie JJ let Hazel play with her fancy phone!

Hazel shows Joanne where her "nose" is.

This is the life - hotel living with Mommy and Joanne!
Sporting her new sweatshirt from our shopping extravaganza.

The girls.
So, Joanne and I have always enjoyed a good treat of candy...we discovered that Hazel enjoys this as well. Yikes!
Hazel shares a Laffy Taffy with mommy. She didn't care for the joke on this one.
** Side note - Best Laffy Taffy joke I have read....
"What did the Zero say to the Eight?"
"Nice belt!"
(0 to the 8)
Just before bed (who were we kidding), Hazel managed to get into a Laffy Taffy, oh and of course put it in her mouth. My daughter - 100%.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh, thats great that Joanne was able to come up for a visit. so jealous. I am still trying to scrounge up the money for Pat and Bonnie's wedding.
My favorite laughy taffy joke is " Why were there bones on the moon? Because the cow didn't make it."

Craig and Bethany said...

Sounds like such a blast! So fun seeing Hazel become her own little person.