Monday, August 18, 2008

Huntington Beach Visit

Hazel and I are so grateful for our friends - The Hall's - great hospitality and generosity as we have spent the past four days with them in sunny Huntington Beach, California! Beau wasn't able to make the trip, so it has been just the girls on this adventure. Hazel has been a STAR traveler and has LOVED all the attention from Chloe (age 6 - almost) and Lexi (age 4). At times she may get a little overwhelmed by the two little mommies, but for the most part she is just having such a great time. We go home tomorrow, but Joanne took some beautiful photos over the past few days and I wanted to share them even before we get home.

Hazel misses her daddy sooooo much - she got to talk to him on the speaker phone and it was really cute - and we are excited to see him at the airport tomorrow. Hopefully t-shirts will suffice as far as souvenirs go for both daddy and Will.

The Halls just got home from a weeks long vacation in Hawaii...so of course us Oregon girls looked VERY pale in comparison! Hazel loved going to the ocean today, especially all the snacks that Joanne packed. Give Hazel a "cookie" or fishy cracker and she is a happy camper. Oh, and she has been taking the BEST naps and sleeping soooo well at night on this trip. The pack-n-play is set up in the walk-in closet and she seems to love the isolation! :) (After having Lexi and Chloe doting on her all her waking hours, I suppose a break and some alone time is refreshing.) Both Hazel and I are going to miss our friends so much!


Happy Hazel



Hazel, me and Joanne

Hazel's time in the Bjorn are VERY limited...mommy's back can only take so much!

It was windy, but the three girls didn't let a little wind spoil their fun!

Kris thought he would be FUNNY and take a photo of our legs...guess which ones are mine. I am proving I am a good sport my posting this for him.


Lexi is sooo funny!

Chloe is funny too!


My leg was holding her steady as she stood on the bench in the jacuzzi - swimming lessons definitely helped get her ready for this trip.

Hazel with the hazel eyes - post swim snuggle time.

Lemon tree on my right, lime tree on my left - gotta love So. California!

Hmm...bubbles on my bottom

Wait, you're not my daddy!

Life is Good!


Hazel-bug, I can't believe you are almost ONE!


Long lashes from Daddy

4 comments:

rbgarner said...

I love watching Hazel grow. She is such a happy little girl. It does look like she is saying "life is good. Thanks for sharing.

Heather Estridge said...

WOW, I can't believe how much you all have traveled this summer! Glad that Hazel does so well. Looks like a great trip :)

MrsBritney said...

You are NEVER HOME!!
How do you do it

Becky said...

I am WIPED out! Thankfully, my little sidekick is a great travelor, I think she handles the traveling adventures even better than me! :) I look forward to a Fall and Winter at HOME! :)