Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Parent/Child Swim!

Hazel and I had our first day of swim class last night...yes, it was for her...but without me, we couldn't do it. She does crawl on her own, but I thought asking her to swim on her own would be asking a little much.

How did she like it, well...lets just say she has room to grow in her fondness of pools. I remember a few more smiles than wails, and her favorite was a little yellow boat...her least favorite, getting dunked under water. She enjoyed watching the other two kiddos in the class...and Will was our photographer and she gave him a number of waves of recognition! We will go back on Thursday, and keep making progress. Maybe by Thursday she will get down the blowing bubbles in the water and not take in a gulp? We may practice that a little today.

Here are a few photos...we hope Beau can join us Thursday!




I thought Hazel was quite clingy to me at the cabin, but it was nothing compared to at the pool. She has never grabbed on so tight before!! I didn't really mind!

1 comment:

Heather Estridge said...

YEAH for Hazel! I'm so glad you are doing a swim class with her. It's pretty normal in such a different environment to be a little scared. BUT, I'm sure she'll warm up to it in the not so distant future and start to really enjoy the water :) Love the pictures!!! Looking forward to hearing her progress...